WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection will be competitive; WFP is committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders typically provide administrative support to team(s) and / or support a specific business stream, and report to the relevant Associate.
At this level, work is carried out under close supervision and job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver a limited number of routine business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
2. Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
3. Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
4. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available.
5. Assist in creating simple images or information using standardised templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education.
Experience : Two or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills :
Language : Fluency in Spanish and English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position : Business Support Assistant
Number of openings : 1
Unit : Administration
Based in : Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Level : General Service / Level 2
Duration : 6 months
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
HOW TO APPLY
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous selection process.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is October 28, 2021.
Qualified applicants, especially female applicants, are encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.