Descripción del puesto
Role: BMS/Energy Manager EU
Purpose of role: To drive BMS optimisation and energy efficiency across our growing European portfolio.
Reports to: Energy Manager
Location: Spain - with travel required across all European markets Job Purpose/Scope
- Working as part of the Primark global utilities team, the BMS/Energy Manager will be fully responsible for developing and managing the delivery of BMS optimisation and energy reduction projects across Primark's European portfolio of depots, stores and offices.
- This role will primarily involve managing a third party BMS/Energy Bureau Service and monitoring energy performance leading to investigating the worst performing sites to identify and rectify potential route causes, whilst developing energy solutions to drive optimum efficiency.
- The BMS/Energy Manager will also engage with external partners to evaluate new technologies and solutions for both current operations as well as supporting asset replacement opportunities alongside our FM teams.
- The role will require diligent liaison with internal stakeholders and to manage those relationships across the business in support of high-quality delivery and satisfactory stakeholder engagement.
People - Building relationships with colleagues
- To ensure that the European portfolio is operating at optimal efficiency, without compromising our customers in store experience or the working environment for our store colleagues, whilst adhering to all health and safety regulations.
- Be responsible for managing the scope and delivery of a third party BMS/Energy Bureau service partner, to drive continual improvement (Trend BMS).
- Undertake regular data analysis to highlight energy waste, visit sites where required to investigate any potential efficiency issue and develop solutions to rectify any potential reduction in performance.
- Develop a robust pipeline of energy reduction/optimisation measures from concept through to design and also manage the effective implementation and delivery of these projects.
- Continual evaluation of energy reduction projects using IPMVP savings validation methodologies.
- Support in developing optimal lifecycle solutions associated with 'end of life' asset replacements.
- Support in all aspects of both our Primark Cares agenda and ISO50001 certification for the European region.
- Attend any new store hand over visits to validate HVAC installations, system balancing, lighting installations and BMS installations have been commissioned and delivered delivery to the required specification.
- Troubleshoot energy efficiency problems/barriers in current operations and bring these to a successful conclusion having secured the support of key stakeholders
- Build a network of contacts within peer group and across the business building a detailed knowledge of the structure and objectives of the different departments and stakeholders
- Report on a regular basis to the Energy Manager on project progress, risks, issues andsolutions.
- Optimise morale through effective communication and promote a positive work environment
- Develop strong working relationships with all business stakeholders
- Contribute constructively to the team and lead by example
- Take responsibility for self-development and achievement of business and personal goals. Utilise all available resources
- Endeavour to ensure that Primark is able to achieve its goals by developing teams and supporting others
- Adhere to company policies and administration procedures
- Be regarded as a subject matter expert in BMS and Energy, you will have the gravitas be able to inspire with charisma and credibility, be seen as a good team player who is prepared to drive hard, challenge and develop teams and initiatives that deliver exceptional results.
- Fluent in English - other languages desired but not essential
- Ideally with an electrical/mechanical background, educated to degree level and/or have a professional level membership/s to a recognised industry body, such as The Energy Institute or CIBSE. With a minimum 10 years' experience in BMS controls, energy engineering and/or energy optimisation/management.
- Experienced at carrying out energy audits and highlighting areas of operational efficiency improvement.
- A good understanding and plantroom experience of HVAC systems and associated equipment from a design and operation efficiency perspective.
- Experience in evaluating new energy efficient technologies from a total lifecycle costing perspective and developing robust business cases.
- Good working knowledge of building control systems to include application, strategy programming, energy optimisation and energy engineering of BMS (Trend experience desired).
- Ability and industry knowledge to be able to continually improve/update the Primark standard plant/equipment and BMS specification for new store development and FM end of life asset replacements.
- Management of a third party remote BMS/Energy bureau service partner to maintain optimal efficiency of our portfolio.
- Strong computer and IT literacy/analytical skills to be able to deliver IPMVP
- Excellent organising and planning skills with the ability to co-ordinate and manage your own workload of multiple projects and Initiatives, whilst also working to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on various different types of projects, managing internal and external relationships using influence and negotiation skills where required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to articulate information clearly and concisely via meetings, presentations, reports and workshops to colleagues at all levels.
- Proven managerial experience with particular emphasis in dealing with change management and ambiguity
- Has an understanding and experience of the political dynamics of an end user client organisation and an ability to positively respond to and influence broader strategic issues